Dear Friends and Colleagues at Sanoma Learning,
Passion for Learning
It has been an exciting sprint to the very end with the announcement of the acquisition of Clickedu in Spain this week, bringing not only a great new company into the family but also a bit of extra sunshine 😊. In the meantime this will be my last message to you all as CEO, with my 10 years at Sanoma coming to an end. I’ve loved leading our company and been inspired by the “passion for learning” that can be felt in the teams everywhere who have worked tirelessly to make a positive impact on teaching and learning. Thank you all for your dedication and excellent work!
Our company has gone through a major transformation during recent years:
- Our reach has increased from some 10m to 15m learners and from 5 to 10 core countries
- Our sales have increased from some €290m to close to €500m in 2020
- Employment at Sanoma Learning has grown to almost 2100 FTEs
- We have grown our market share and made great leaps forward on the digital transformation
- We have delivered strong profitability and profit growth, amongst the highest in the industry
- We have achieved good success in building one European company out of the 5 original units, through the High Five program
- We have made a number of important acquisitions, this year adding Iddink Group, itslearning, Essener and Clickedu to the family.
This has been quite a journey and I believe we are well prepared and well positioned for the next phase of growth at Sanoma Learning. I see a bright future ahead for our company!
Thank you to the teams!
What I remember and appreciate most looking back at the last 10 years is the people: the friends and good colleagues I have made along the way. I feel a strong sense of dedication in our teams everywhere. People are eager to learn new things and looking to the future. Striving to do the right thing for education and for the company. Although it has sometimes been challenging, it has also been truly inspiring to work in an organisation with such commitment and potential.
I would once again like to thank each and every one of you for your dedication in doing a great job and moving Learning forward. It has been a privilege to be able to lead this successful company and I would like to wish you all the best for the future. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter or reach out to me at email@example.com if you want to stay in touch.
Finally I would of course like to wish everyone a well-deserved break and a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones! I hope you will have a wonderful time and get plenty of rest ready for an exciting new year ahead 😊. Cheers!
Looking forward >>
CEO Sanoma Learning
Give the gift of education: www.camfed.org