I’ve been keen to learn and to help others to grow as I look for a new job.
Edtech has been a natural focus and I’ve connected with about 60 edtech ventures across the spectrum. How inspiring and energising! In the meantime, I’ve invested time and money in four of them, in all cases because of their learning impact, business potential and highly talented leadership. From a personal perspective also because I can add value through my expertise, experience and network.
- Kognity, provider of digital courses for K-12 (Stockholm)
- School Day, data platform for student well-being (Helsinki)
- Edurio, provider of school improvement diagnostics (London)
- Hypocampus, digital courses and platform for higher education (Gothenburg)
Go with the flow
I’m advising two financial sponsors. This is a great way to work with excellent people on the latest deal-flow in the industry from early stage to IPO.
- EdtechXHoldings, is coming with their Special Purpose Acquistion Company II later this year focusing on the future of work and education. It will be listing in New York, and is working on acquisitions in the range $300m-3bn.
- Sparkmind.vc is a Helsinki-based venture capital fund, investing in early stage edtech
I’ve been working a strategy consultant and coach to two scale-ups in higher education, which has been an excellent opportunity to help them with their growth strategies and to learn more about that market segment.
Always learning, right now I’m working on a MicroMasters in Educational Innovation and Improvement on edX (for the learning) and various courses on MasterClass (for the fun – beautiful design and production quality). If only the two could find each other …
Until I find the next big assignment, I will have some availability again after the summer. I’m especially looking for consulting, advisory and interim work mainly in the following areas:
- Sector: education, science, healthcare, medicine
- Expertise: digital transformation, leading change, commercial, strategy
If you have a challenging assignment and if you think I could help your organisation to prosper, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward >>